Sunday, May 19, 2013

"Can I get directions?" - Sincerely, the sperm

I want to start out by saying we have amazing friends and family.  We have so many people praying for us, and it is overwhelming.  We have felt such peace in the past few days that we know it can only be from God.  I know a lot of people/churches are getting away from laying hands on people to pray, but I believe it's important and powerful.  We've had a lot of hands laid on us in the past week and we feel God with us.  It's amazing.

So Friday was the big day!  I went in at 9:00 a.m. for my insemination.  They said everything looked good and I actually got to see her inject the sperm.  They don't normally do a sonogram for IUI's, but she was practicing for embryo transfers, and I was lucky enough to be her practice!  So we're praying Andy's sperm have GPS this time - he'll probably be mad I said that :).  Now comes the really hard part - the waiting.  We can test in 2 weeks.  To borrow from Phoebe "Are you in there little fetus, in 9 months will you come greet us, I will buy you some Adidas".  For us it would be Nike's, but that doesn't really rhyme.  All that to say, we're believing in God and His plan and that He's still the God of miracles.

A friend sent me Psalm 139 yesterday morning so when I was laying in the doctor's office I read it and it was so powerful!  I've read it a ton of times, but that's the great thing about scripture, you can read it over and over and get something different out of it every time.  It all depends on what's relevant to your life at the time.  Verse 5 and 6 say "You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain."  The word hem means to surround, to encircle.  God's encircling us from behind, in front, to each side, He's there.  He's laying hands on us, just like our friends have been doing for us this week.  Verse 16 and 17 go on to say "all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  How precious to me are your thoughts, God!  How vast is the sum of them!".  My commentary says "How amazing are your thoughts concerning me".  Isn't it crazy to think our days are already mapped out?  God knows it all because He planned it before we were even thought of - especially for us.  Verse 18 goes on to say that His thoughts about us outnumber the grains of sand.  That's how much He cares.  So we never have to worry that He's going to leave us on our journey, He's there, surrounding us, keeping His hand on us.  And He'll guide us to live in His will if we allow it.  That's been me and Andy's prayer from the beginning - 'God that you would keep your hand on us and guide us because we want to live in your will in this situation and all the days of our lives'.  And He'll do it, because Psalms 139 tells me He will.  And God always keeps his promises.  Believe that, expect that, and God will do amazing things in your life.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment