Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 1

So I've never been much of a blog reader so I shocked myself a little bit when I decided o start a blog.  Let me tell you a little bit about myself and maybe you'll understand my need for one.  I'm 30 years old, married for 10 years this June to my very best friend in the whole world, and we still have no babies.  We have been on a crazy infertility roller coaster for the past 7 years.  Of course at first we didn't know it was infertility - we thought maybe we were doing something wrong.  My husband continually said 'practice makes perfect' (he's an ex-college athlete so everything's a sports analogy around our house).  Though practice as we might, no babies.  We did find out we were pregnant in January 2010, but we had a miscarriage at 9 weeks that just about broke our hearts.  So here we are three years later, no closer to a baby.  We did however give up on the wishin' and hopin' practice method and sought professional help.  Turns out, we're infertile.  OK, that's not our specific diagnosis, but we definitely need help.  So we've now (and by 'we' I mean me) have been through three IUI's (intrauterine insemination) with clomid and one with the really good, make you hormonally crazy drugs.  And as I said earlier, still no babies.  So we've moved on to our last resort of IVF (invitro fertilization).  We're scheduled in May for the egg retrieval.  So in a few weeks I'll be starting even more of the make you hormonally crazy drugs - three different kinds, that's three shots per day directly into my belly, I can hardly wait :).  And my husband is super stoked!

All that being said, I've always been a big journaler and I thought why not put all my innermost thoughts on the internet?  On a more serious note, I've always wanted to write a book and I've heard from many people that a blog is the best place to start.  So here I go.  I want the blog to mostly be about our infertility journey, but I might veer off course every now and then.  I've been praying a lot about this blog and about writing a book and I feel like God has definitely been giving me inspiration.  So some days it might just be about my quiet time that morning and what God laid on my heart.  I guess I forgot to say the most important thing about myself is that I'm a Christian.

I attempted to start a new routine in the past couple of months to get up early and run on my elliptical and read my Bible.  Killing two birds with one stone.  I get up most mornings :).  I talked my husband and one of our friends into going and picking up the elliptical that I bought off Craigslist and then three hours later we had it apart enough to carry into our non-walkout basement. Our friend said I better use it everyday, and my husband said it stays with the house, so if anyone's interested in a house in Western Shawnee with an elliptical, just let me know.  I've been studying in Psalms and this morning when I was praying the theme God seemed to be showing me was patience.  Psalms 27:13-14 says I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.  He's been showing me patience through this whole infertility journey; patience and complete reliance on Him.  I would not be able to get through a single day without relying on God to get me through.  So I will continue to take heart in Him and wait for his plan to unfold for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment